14 May 2009

At the capitol: Goodman talks accomplishments

Unfortunately, I've opted to head back to calmer pastures in the form of my brother's place in Rolla. He's graduating from UMR this Saturday. Meanwhile, as the House adjusts to Greenwich Mean Time 11 days before I have to on an Irish airliner (midnight is the latest the House announced they would reconvene when they adjourned at 4:30 this afternoon), conferencing continues on one lynchpin of the legislative session, the Economic Development Bill, or as I called it earlier today, "Job Bill Job Bill Job Bill". Missourinet tweeted about 20 minutes ago that Senator Kevin Engler (R-Farmington) informed reporters that a deal was in the works.

As I continue to catch my breath from that whiff of the heartbeat of state politics, I'm now turning to the Senate interviews I conducted this afternoon. I sat down with Mount Vernon Republican Jack Goodman, who was among the earliest to declare his intentions to seek the seat Roy Blunt's vacating in the U.S. House after 2010.

Interview with Sen. Goodman

After this interview, the Senate took up debate on the House's amended version of SB 291, which was then sent to Governor Jay Nixon's desk by a 29-3 vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment