10 May 2009

The Final Fortnight…

At this time two weeks from tomorrow, I will be attempting (rather unsuccessfully, I sense) to get some sleep on an Irish airliner flying me to the U.K. Between now and then, I am looking to do a lot of "one-last" type things across the great state of Missouri. If this happens to include a visit to Jefferson City, I'll be posting a formal rebroadcast/reprint policy prior, as such a visit will probably not be just for pleasure and more than merely passing through to Rolla.

Meanwhile this week, as Missouri's 95th General Assembly wraps up its annual session, I will be cleaning out my Springdale flat and returning to the good side of 36°30'. From there, it's visiting with family & friends across the state until the 23rd. Looking forward to catching up with old college and high school friends before bolting for Britain and settling down with my lovely Dawn.

All the while, I'm going to need a crash course in the inner workings (and quite possibly an explanation of the relevance of!) the European Parliament. Again, their elections are next month.

And while I'm on random tangents, I'm listening to the Sunday Night Golden Oldies Party on 94.9 KCMO (online at 949kcmo.com). Umm... an oldies station is useless without awesome announcers. Seriously: if I wanted a full-time jukebox, I'd just power up my iTunes. Which is what I'll be doing in the morning. And countless others. Unfortunately, it doesn't tell me the weather, and certainly won't save me from a tornado. That's what broadcast radio is for, at least when done properly by people who actually care about their community.

No comments:

Post a Comment