25 August 2009

Four Months Since the first post…

And chances are I still have posts from early July at the bottom of this page. It hasn't been working out too well wedging regular ruminations of current events here and back home inbetween planning a wedding from scratch 46 days before the ceremony, exterminating fleas by way of vacuum cleaner, and other domestic necessities.

It's very rarely the desire of a journalist to be the story, but I can't help but realise how seemingly unique my situation is: to essentially walk away from a seemingly promising career in radio broadcasting just off my home turf, leave my native Missouri, leave behind four generations of family, sell my car that ran on 85% corn ethanol, all to be with the woman whom I will marry in one month. Already one of my longtime friends suggested I drop the political commentary and just focus this blog on, well, me.

It is easy to resort to talking about oneself (and it would be hypocritical to say I don't like talking about myself), but frankly, is there really interest in people hearing how a loud American is faring in Britain? Or do I stick with just the occasional retort to reports from home?

I've set up a poll to last the remainder of the month on the right. Have at it.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for planning a wedding! Yours and Dawn's I hope! :D

    I think you could intersperse your political commentary with The Skipper's Personal News with great success. What's more fantastic than last-minute Brit/American wedding planning gossip?

    ReplyDelete